DELIVERY DRIVER/PUMP TRUCK OPERATOR
Delivery Drivers/Pump Truck Operators are responsible for safely completing daily service routes in sequence as routed by management. In addition to daily routes, drives will make pickups, deliveries and assist in yard operations. This position routinely requires extensive physical exertion and entering/exiting various types of trucks repeatedly throughout the day. Servicing, cleaning and stocking portable toilets, toilet trailers, holding tanks, freshwater systems, hand wash stations and restroom-shower trailers as needed. Responsible for completing daily routes, while maintaining professional customer contact and open lines of communication with dispatcher. Weekend work will be required as business dictates. May work independently with little or no supervision.
- Follow all safety guidelines and procedures.
- Safely operate all company vehicles.
- Provide on-site moves of equipment, and pick-up/delivery as requested.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections on vehicles and trailers as requested.
- Vacuum pump, clean and sanitize portable restroom units.
- Stock/replenish paper towels, toilet paper, hand soap and refill water holding tanks.
- Repair portable restrooms as needed.
- Load and unload units.
- Fuel vehicles and other equipment as needed.
- Frequent customer interaction, open communications with clients relating to placement of equipment, schedule and services.
- Always maintain a professional demeanor and appearance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Must successfully complete a Motor Vehicle Record check.
- Ability to drive day or night.
- Ability to mount and dismount trucks multiple times a day.
- Ability to pull a trailer is preferred, will train.
- General knowledge of the mechanics of trucks.
- Diligent attention to safety.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job, including pushing, pulling, lifting and climbing.
- Ability to lift items up to 45 pounds.
- Willing to work overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Industry experience is a plus, but not required. Training provided.
- Positive attitude.
- Work effectively in all weather conditions and customer work environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally with all customers and co-workers.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Pelican Events is a locally owned company, specializing in serving the film industry in New Orleans and surrounding areas. Our reputation is providing excellent products with superior service. We are growing rapidly and need ambitious, qualified individuals to assist us in our growth as part of our team.
OPPORTUNITY FOR OVERTIME (time and a half after 40 hrs.)